A baby wrap is an extended length of cloth tied around a woman’s neck, hips, or back to form a sack-like structure. The baby wrap is typically wrapped over the shoulders and across the chest to help distribute the baby’s weight.
In this post, you will know all about how to tie a baby wrap newborn. I will also mention which material and which method is best for the baby wrap. So continue reading the post.
A child probably wears a baby wrap at the age of 18 months, but parents use it during their child’s first few months of life to make the nursing most pleasant and helpful. The basic need of a baby wrap is that when your child grows older, and you wish to switch to a more structured carrier.
Although using a baby wrap is not mandatory, it may help you provide maximum protection and affection to your child. Choosing a baby wrap is an essential part of being a new parent because caring for your child is something you must do from the first day you hold them, and most importantly, you must know how to do it.
Why use a baby wrap?
Wrapping a baby is advantageous, and some of its benefits are as follows:
- Wrapping a baby reduces the rate of sudden accident death, including SIDs.
- As the baby tries to free himself in the baby wrap, it helps them build strong muscles.
- It helps babies in having better and longer sleep.
What is the best baby wrap?
The difference in baby wraps exists in their method of wrapping. So, there are various ways of wrapping a baby, but I will only mention those that are highly recommended and safe for the baby and the mom.
Some of the most protective and recommended baby wraps are as follows:
1. Boba Wrap:
Boba wraps are the most popular wraps in America. These wraps are comfortable and fit varying body shapes. These are ideal for babies from newborn to 18 months due to the boba wrap weight limit.
How to tie a boba baby wrap?
- Tie the wrap around your body following the instructions provided on the wrap. Pull the shoulder piece that is near your chest away from your body.
- As you slide your baby down your chest into the shoulder piece, be careful about their legs. Ensure the legs are tucked in frog position and spread the fabric across your baby’s entire body.
- Hold your baby and place other shoulder pieces over your baby’s body
- From your baby’s back to their neck, pull the logo piece up and make sure they’re sitting upright. The boba wrap front-facing position is suitable, and the positions like outward or any other are unsafe with a baby wrap.
- Boba wrap holds a baby securely.
- The fabric is long and easy to carry.
- When your baby needs you while working, you can keep them close to you with a boba wrap.
- It’s a warm fabric that is excellent for winter and spring, but it becomes too hot to wear in summer.
- It is not easy to wear; you will need to practice a bit before carrying a baby.
- The baby must be upright at all times; any other position is not suitable.
2. Cuddlebug Wrap
The Cuddlebug Wrap is one of the most comfortable wraps for babies. It’s a 5-yard long piece of stretchy fabric and a thin fabric made of cotton and spandex. It is suitable for newborns and babies.
How to tie a cuddle bug baby wrap?
- Lay the Baby Wrap on your back so that it forms an “X” in front of your tummy.
- Take both ends and bring them across the shoulder, forming an “X” across your chest.
- Your back should now look like an “X” with the remaining ends.
- Make a knot below your navel.
- Bringing the baby down carefully, tuck the baby’s leg into the front “X,” and spread the fabric over their bottom and shoulder.
- Pull the logo piece up from the back of your baby’s bottom to the position over their neck.
- Ensure your baby’s legs are inside the baby wrap if they are up to 3 months old. For babies above three months, make sure their legs are placed outside the baby wrap.
- The fabric is soft and comfortable
- It is compact and lightweight
- The product is available in 8 different colors.
- There are several ways to wear it.
- Wrapping needs to be reapplied after a while.
- This item is not suitable for plus-sized mothers.
3. Moby Wrap
You’re going to love this wrap as soon as you learn how to wrap it and hold it. In the past, this baby wrap was the most popular in the world. You and your baby will both be comfortable wearing it.
How to tie a moby baby wrap?
- Place the Moby wrap in front of the navel logo facing outward. Fold the wrap and place it around your waist.
- Make an “X” over your back.
- Across your chest, cross both ends across your shoulders in an “X” shape.
- By forming a little “x” on your back, you can wrap the remaining fabric around your waist and tie a knot below your navel.
- Pull the shoulder piece that is near your chest away from your body. You can slide your baby.
- Make sure your baby’s legs are in an exact position to pull the fabric over their entire body. Finally, slide your baby down your chest and into the shoulder piece.
- Wrap another shoulder piece around your baby and hold them.
- Over your baby’s neck, pull up the logo piece from the back of the bottom.
- There are many ways to wrap it
- Available in a variety of colors
- You can adjust as it is for a custom fit
- It is not suitable for the summer season
- While it takes a lot of practice, wrapping can still prove to be challenging.
It is very comfortable to use a baby wrap for your baby to keep him close to you as a mother. If you are a working mother, a baby wrap is the best suitable for you. Although it is not very necessary to use a baby wrap, you will not regret using it. It adds much comfort to you and your baby.
Now you have enough idea of baby wraps, and you can make a choice for yourself. Firstly, you may find it difficult to tie and use a baby wrap, but you won’t have to look back once you understand how to tie a baby wrap.